Duke of Edinburgh Award
The Duke of Edinburgh Award is for anyone who wants a challenge. It is a great way to get involved and meet new people whilst doing fun activities. Being an air cadet opens you up to many of these activities already which can count towards your D of E award. There are 3 stages: Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Duke of Edinburgh Awards
Each stage requires certain sections to be completed. These are:
- Volunteering – Providing a service to a community, making a difference to people’s lives.
- Physical – Get active and do a sport, improve your teamwork skills.
- Skills – Seek new hobbies and interests and increase your recreational skills.
- Expedition – Go outdoors, plan and train for an adventurous trip in the UK or abroad.
- Residential (Gold only) – Complete a project, work with and share tasks with people you’ve never met.
The D of E award is an excellent scheme to get involved in, but it’s not easy to obtain. Hard work and persistence is required to complete the tasks and get your award. But you’ll have the full support of us as we are the largest participant of the D of E award.